A few races of interest today:
- 1:35 Chelmsford – Caso Do Lago for some reason I find this an intriguing runner. He was off the track for just over 4 year before joing this yard on a mark of 57, 4 runs on down to 45 after a series of fitness runs, first time blinkers here. Krazy Paving was a CD winner lto on first run after wind surgery under today’s jockey in what looked a tougher race than this so should go close and from an ideal draw looks the one to beat. Watheer with the likelihood of a strong gallop he should run a big race. Won a Maiden here back in 2017 beating runners now rated from 67-90. This only his second run over 6f and easiest run to date should go close and looks the one for the forecast. Poppy May is My CD Top Rated and looks tough to keep out of the places.. Twice a CD winner including in a similar race over CD last March carrying 9-8 but does need a strong gallop.
- 3:45 Chelmsford – Tone The Barone looks the obvious one but I am not sure I would have him so short as Green Door was worth more than short head he won by lto and he still appears to be well handicapped on old form.
- 5:20 Newcastle – Elusive Heights and Lady Alavesa look the obvious ones but are priced accordingly so I have played the RFC. I have also taken a small chance on Happy Face, by Kingman who’s progeny have appeared to do well here with 4 different winners from 14 runners at the track.
- 5:50 – 4 time CD winner Epeius who may be still a little high in the weights for win purposes may well run in to a place with a record of 12/20 either winning or placed over CD. He was placed over CD back in November off 74 finishing in front of Reckless Endeavour off 78, Epeius is 6lbs better off today so at 25/1 looks over-priced to me. Athollblair Boy looks far too high in the weights.Class dropper Glenamoy Lad is 2/3 over CD off 6lbs higher and 2lbs lower but let the market tell you the trainers intentions. Lady Of Aran has the speed figures if taking to the track. CD Top Rated Lucky Lodge is 13/20 win or placed over CD but never off a mark this high.
- 7:50 – 3 time CD winner and CD Top Rated, Choosen World looks another strong place market bet. 10 runs over CD have only seen him unplaced twice, today’s jockey is 2/3 but was placed on the other run. Etikaal looks dangerous but may now have reached his limit. One I like at massive odds is Dutch Pursuit who is having only his fourth run for connections but most interestingly returns to CD for the first time since winning a Novice Stakes beating a now 84 rated runner. Today may not be the day but at 50/1 it won’t cost me much to find out.