Nothing really catches my eye tonight but below are my thoughts:
- 4:35 – Looks a match up between the Godolphin pair with My preference for Distant Goddess but unless you are privy to yard information it’s a watch only race for me
- 5:05 – Mountain Brave reads well on my ratings and the trainer generally does well here with his first time handicapper so looks the value in the race to me
- 5:40 – With Double Kodiac now a non-runner Baby Steps and Glen Cocco look the obvious ones. Baby Steps has tried 7f on 4 occasions and failed to place so looks far too short for me although Jockey/Trainer have a great record together, CD winner Glen Cocco looks about the right price as he is now 1lb below his last AW winning mark and again the Jockey/Trainer have a great record on the AW and are 3/6 already this year but the one I have taken a chance with at the prices is My CD Top Rated, Robero who has something to prove at this level although he did win over CD off an officially 1lb higher mark back in December 2018 if we include the jockeys’s claim he is 1lb worse off here but he finished in front of Glen Coco over CD in November 2019 receiving 7lbs and he receives 11lbs today (including jockeys claim), plus prior to Robero’s CD win in 2018 he had previously won over 7f at Southwell on the back of a similarly quick turn around.
- 6:40 – Something I rarely say but I would if having a bet take a chance on the John Butler but bare in mind you are more punting on whether it is allowed to run to form not if it will, but IF he is allowed to run to his last CD form three runs back he wins simple as that for me but I would want to see market support first.
- 7:10 – Another no bet race for me but well handicapped Thawry looks the one to be on here.
- 7:40 – This looks between the two at the top of the market Felix and Kaser but if running to form Felix should be too good.
- 8:10 – I have taken another chance on a John Butler runner being allowed to run on merit. Superseded’s last win came over CD off an 11lbs higher mark have already won 3 starts before over CD off 59 on the back of similar lay offs.